Saturday, June 19, 2010

How much Biotin is needed for successful hair growth?

I have seriously thinning hair at the top of my head (17/f), from being treated w/ chemicals; stress, etc. Currently, I am taking GNC Hair, Nails and Skin formula + Centrum Performace (basic vitamin) Would it be wise to take in more Biotin? (my shampoo + conditioner are also biotin ^.^) I am very desprate to restore my hair back to the way it used to be (full and thick). Any advice?



How much Biotin is needed for successful hair growth?

Hi



Yes you should definitely add more biotin. I am currently taking 3000 mcg each day and I might even increase it to 5000 mcg. You should probably take about 3000 to 5000 mcg of Biotin per day. Its probably best if they're spaced out throughout the day each time with a meal. I take 1000 mcg with each meal. But make sure you also take a multivitamin because your body uses some of these vitamins including Iron, to break down the biotin and allow your body to use it for hair growth and other things.



The best thing about Biotin is that you cannot overdose. No matter how much you take, it won't intoxicate your body. If you happen to take excess of it, your body will just flush the excess and get rid of it so you have nothing to worry about.



As for the best biotin capsule out there, I think it's any one that's vegan because unlike the others, they don't contain gelatin, which can be harmful in some cases. The one that I am currently taking is by Solgar which can be found at your local Vitamin Shoppe, or you can even get it online:



http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/br...



As for the shampoo, I don't know anyone that used biotin shampoo that actually helped their hair. I am currently using Sweet Sunnah Organic Black Seed Herbal Henna Shampoo and Sweet Sunnah Organic Black Seed Oil Hair Conditioner. I've only been using them for about two weeks so far but I already notice that hair doesn't fall out anymore. You can find this shampoo and conditioner at: http://www.sweetsunnah.com/cgi-bin/categ...



Read the reviews on them if you like: http://www.sweetsunnah.com/cgi-bin/item/...



http://www.sweetsunnah.com/cgi-bin/item/...



Anyways to sum it up, I think you should continue taking the GNC hair and nails as well as the Centrum multivitamin and add biotin because the biotin the the GNC hair and nails will probably restore your hair but it only has 3000 mcg. If you take that in the morning with your breakfast, then you should take another 1000 mcg of biotin with lunch and 1000 mcg of biotin with your dinner. That way, you can speed up the process. That is why I'm going to switch to 5000 mcg of biotin daily. As for the shampoo, I highly recommend the Sweet Sunnah shampoo and conditioner. Even though they're a bit pricy, they lather much and they're worth it for the results.



I wish you the best of luck and if you have anymore questions on biotin or hair growth post more questions and I'll try to answer them for you.



Good luck once again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans